©2020 Zorro Productions, Inc., All Rights Reserved
Zorro®, The Iconic Worldwide Brand, Celebrates 100 Years August 2019-July 2020
Swish your finger through the air three times to form a “Z” and everyone in the world, regardless of age, knows you are referencing Zorro, the heroic Hispanic swordsman who defends the weak and oppressed. This positive, cross-cultural hero delivers instant worldwide awareness reinforced by his iconic mask, whip, sword and the powerful motto, “Justice for All”.
A Cross-Generational Brand – Every Generation Has Its Zorro!
- 10 Major Motion Pictures
- 11 Television Series
- 75 Stage Productions
- Thousands of Publications & Licensed Products
Entertainment, Merchandise Licensing and Publishing Support:
Zorro® has an expanded classic program specifically targeting adults in anticipation of the brand’s Centennial Anniversary continuing through July 2020. New feature films, television, escape rooms, two monthly comic book series, trading cards, a 100th Anniversary collector’s art book, and RPG and tabletop games in nearly every format round out the entertainment support lined up to celebrate this amazing heroic icon.
In advance of the landmark 100th-Anniversary, American Mythology launched new Zorro monthly comics in August 2018 with a bold and unexpected twist. The Zorro tales have a supernatural bent, pitting the famed hero against demons, vampires, and all forms of paranormal evil. Top tier talent pens and illustrates these comics — the common thread throughout American Mythology’s commitment to Zorro comics. Concurrently, American Mythology is publishing monthly classic Zorro comics from foreign markets in English for the first time as well as Archive Edition & Masters Edition reprints of US Comics from top artists, including Alex Toth. Bold Ventures Press continues to produce Zorro Pulp Reprints.
In October 2019, American Mythology published a 9” x 12” art book for the book and direct market, titled: The Mark of Zorro: 100 Years of the Masked Avenger.
Gemstone featured Zorro’s 100th Anniversary on the cover for its annual 2019 Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #49. Many fans and comic shops keep their Price Guide near them for reference all year long. Available from June 2019 to June 2020.
Zorro’s 100th Anniversary was featured in a San Diego Comic Con (July) Panel – see film (above) previewed for fans before formal release to the press worldwide.
New online wager slots from Playtech pay tribute to the 20th Anniversary of The Mask of Zorro feature film with Antonio Banderas, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Anthony Hopkins.
New role-playing game from Gallant Knight Games was introduced in 2019 for roll-out in 2020. It uses “pools” of multiple six-sided dice to generate numbers that determine success.
Rubie’s Costume Company celebrates 14 years in 2020 as the domestic and international sales costume licensee for Zorro, reimagining and expanding the product line. Rubie’s continues to offer a full range of Halloween costumes and accessories.
New for 2020:
- Funko for collectible stylized Pop! Vinyl and T’s.
- Boss Fight Studio for 4″ collectibles and accessories.
- Blue Sunset Games released Zorro in their “Go All Out!” Game for the Steam platform in 2019 and expands to Nintendo Switch late Jan/early Feb 2020. Xbox One and PS4 versions are planned for late Q1.
- Mystery Escape Room, LLC – rolls out of Salt Lake City, Utah test previews in anticipation of a national roll-out.
- Aristocrat Technologies has committed for new physical slot and non-wager digital machines well into the next decade. Zorro is among the company’s top-performing titles of all time. Zorro: Mighty Cash (pictured below) is a progressive Lightning Link™ game housed in the industry-leading, ergonomic, Arc Single™ cabinet. The Zorro Behemoth cabinet is a fixture in high traffic areas of casinos nationwide, and is locatable in the AristoApp slot locator app. A new exciting Zorro game with an even larger footprint was launched in 2019 for roll-out in 2020.
- Get Down Art will introduce Zorro T’s to lead trend retailers in 2020.
- Overworld Games is introducing a table-top card & dice game.
- Mighty Narwhal Productions brings the masked crusader alive through the Morra Cinematic Universal Game System in a Zorro Live Action Events throughout 2020.
- Star Cutouts introduces new standees.
Continuing Licensees Include:
- Red Bubble offers approved fan-generated Zorro content as well as Zorro Productions authorized apparel, gift and stationery products.
- Saletta’s Bath and Beauty introduces a line of bar soaps.
- Smoky Mountain Knife Works continues with their line of collector knives, adding new collectibles specific to the 100th Anniversary.
- America Remembers returns with a limited-edition commemorative revolver.
- IconLogin offers a Zorro-themed lock screen app that allows fans of the brand to unlock their Android devices using four Zorro images as a picture password.
Slot players across North America have enjoyed playing Aristocrat’s original Zorro penny slot for decades, as it is one of the company’s top-performing titles of all time. Aristocrat has brought the legend back in an even bigger and better way with Zorro Mighty Cash.
Zorro Mighty Cash is a new progressive link game housed in the in the high-performing Arc Single™ cabinet.
©2020 Zorro Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.