“Edgar Rice Burroughs was and is the most influential writer, bar none, of our Century.”
— Ray Bradbury
Tarzan® continues to captivate audiences since first created over a century ago by Edgar Rice Burroughs®. The live-action feature film The Legend of Tarzan, released by Warner Bros. in 2016 ($356 million worldwide), further expands Tarzan’s position among the most filmed characters in motion picture history with over 50 major movies, 7 TV series, 2 Broadway stage productions, and thousands of publications.
With a library approaching 2 million images, licensees can draw from art assets including over 2,000 movie posters, 100+ fine art images, 10,000+ comic books, 23,500 daily and 3,700 Sunday comic pages.
Exceptional products continue to enhance the brand’s appeal:
• Boss Fight Studios for 4” collectible figures and accessories.
• Dark Horse, Dynamite and American Mythology are publishing new comic books and reprinting classics.
• ERB, Inc. continues to expand the universe by publishing new novels and online comic strips.
• FunTrain will launch a virtual reality video game, released in chapters for VR PC and console platforms.
• Aristocrat offers updated physical Tarzan slot machines that are now ported to new non-wager, free-play games for mobile devices.
• Rubie’s expands distribution of its Tarzan and Jane costumes.
• Saletta’s Bath & Beauty continues with its line of bar soaps.
• Smoky Mountain Knife Works produces lines of collector knives and lighters.
• Star Cutouts offers life-sized & desktop cardboard cut-out standees of Tarzan & Jane.
Tarzan®, Tarzan and Jane®, and Edgar Rice Burroughs® offer endless opportunities for companies seeking universally recognized characters to convey messages of corporate sustainability and social responsibility. Tarzan’s trademarked primal yell is great for advertising as well as for mobile and social media initiatives.
For the first time in over 100 years, Tarzan’s beloved animals are now featured in a new brand ideal for infant & toddler designs – Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzanimals™. Licensees include Soxnet for socks, Pick-A-Tale for digital storybooks and Riley-Blake Designs for beautiful fabric and fabric kits targeted to the millennial DIY demographic group.
Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. and Licensing Works!® invite quality licensees to share the positive health and environmental messages of the Tarzan, Tarzanimals and Tarzan & Jane brands. Opportunities exist for licensed manufacturers in food and beverage, athletic wear and gear, fragrance, personal care, mobile devices, apparel and accessories, collectibles, home décor, fine art and much more, while Tarzan and Jane offer “his & her” product opportunities.
Sampling of the Edgar Rice Burroughs Partners:
One of Aristocrat’s most successful game theme franchises, Tarzan™ is a true jackpot chase game for both local and destination players. It’s industry-leading ergonomic design delivers player comfort to optimize play time. The sleek, arc-double cabinet features dual 42” curved high-definition LCD touch screens that encompass the player for a holistically unified experience. Tarzan™ offers a single-level multi-site progressive and two standalone progressive jackpots with resets of $20,000, $100 and $20. Free games up the jackpot excitement as the wheel feature multiplier is also applied to all winning major and minor jackpots.
© 2020 Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks Tarzanimals™, Tarzan®, Tarzan and Jane®, Lord of the Jungle®, and Edgar Rice Burroughs® Owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. and Used by Permission.