Eric Hill’s loveable puppy, the one and only Spot, has been a key part of early childhood since he first appeared in the original lift-the-flap storybook Where’s Spot? in 1980.
A favorite with preschoolers, Spot’s toddler-like behavior introduces children to new experiences, friendship, and play in a safe, loving way.
- Over 20 formats available in lift-the-flap, board books and novelty titles
- Translated into over 60 languages
- Sold over 65 million books worldwide, a perennial best-seller
- Spot is read by children in more than 100 countries
- Where’s Spot? has been published in braille and has been translated into sign language by StorySign, the free mobile app, allowing all children to enjoy Spot’s adventures.
Key Marketing Highlights:
Spot has sold 3 books EVERY MINUTE for the last 40 years!
- Book sales DOUBLED last year – with 400,000 copies of Where’s Spot sold in the US in 2020
- Sales are up another 22% in 2021 at mass retailers!
- Mass e-comm sales are up over +40% at some retailers YTD ’21
Key Marketing Partnerships:
- Read Alliance tutoring program partnership continues
- Celebrity and Influencer P.R. activations throughout the year
- Children’s Museum touring early reading exhibit continues
- Crown Jewlz coloring and activity books available
- Smiffy’s Baby and Toddler Halloween costumes in market
- Tonies® storytime companion released
- Fabulous Inflatables continues to offer parade balloonsA
- Aurora is our new plush partner beginning Jan ’23!
Spot is friendly and bouncy and is the ideal companion for young children discovering the world around them.
Children can relate to their own everyday experiences through Spot’s adventures with his family and friends.
With his inquisitive nature, sense of curiosity, boundless energy, and simple shapes and colors, Spot helps babies and toddlers explore the world around them.
- Preschoolers under 4
- Parents and Grandparents
FUN WITH SPOT is a trademark of Salspot Ltd. Used under license from Salspot Ltd. All Rights Reserved.